Terms & Privacy
Updated: April 2nd, 2019
Terms of Service
By accessing the ACV Architecture PC (herein, “We”, “Us”, “Our”, “acvarchitecture.com”) web site (herein “website”, “site”, “ACV Architecture PC’s web site”, “acvarchitecture.com”), you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on ACV Architecture PC’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on ACV Architecture PC’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by ACV Architecture PC at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on ACV Architecture PC’s web site are provided “as is”. ACV Architecture PC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, ACV Architecture PC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall ACV Architecture PC or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on ACV Architecture PC’s Internet site, even if ACV Architecture PC or a ACV Architecture PC authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on ACV Architecture PC’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. ACV Architecture PC does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. ACV Architecture PC may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. ACV Architecture PC does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
ACV Architecture PC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ACV Architecture PC of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to ACV Architecture PC’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Our website collects, processes, and in some cases stores personal information either submitted directly by you, or collected automatically by your requesting resources from our website or viewing pages on our website. The sections below explain what data we use, store, collect and why.
If a comment form is shown, any information you fill in and submit may be retained indefinitely or for the life of the website. We will use the submitted information for displaying comments, discussion, feedback, testimonials, etc.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Spam detection may involve submission of these data to a third-party, known as Akismet.
Any images, videos, or other media you submit, upload, or link to our site may be displayed with or without edits. As such, you must be sure information such as EXIF or GPS data is not embedded in your media if you do not want this information to be public or part of our records. We may store and display any such submitted media, with the conditional exception of linked media for an indefinite time period or for the life of this website.
Similar to Comment Forms, any data submitted via a Contact Form will be stored for later review and response. The data may be copied and sent to one or several contact list members in order to facilitate review and response of your message. Typically such data submitted via a Contact Form may not be automatically displayed for public viewing, however we reserve the right to utilize any submitted data for such a purpose as public visibility.
For a typical visitor, if you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Our website makes use of Analytical services such as Google Analytics to better determine traffic patterns and how to improve out website and user experiences. In the case of Google Analytics, we do not control directly where or for how long any such collected analytic data may be stored. These Analytic data will not contain or be configured by us to contain personally information, however we do not control how Google may utilize any data collected or connected with their various sister services.
If you do not agree with our use of Analytic services provided by Google, do not use our website.
Additionally our website and services make use of log-processing internal to our services which help us to determine resource usage and traffic patterns. These logs contain information such as your IP address and page/resource names you have accessed. The information in these logs is not automatically connected with any other potentially personally identifiable information and will not be connected with any personally identifiable information manually unless required by law, or for investigations of malicious activity.
ACV Architecture’s website uses Security software and services to protect our web application and data therein. The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 30 days.
As explained in some of the other sections, the data submitted to us or collected by us will be retained for certain periods of time, either indefinite or until a specified purpose has been fulfilled by the data which was collected. Unless otherwise stated, most of the data is collected and retained indefinitely or for the life of the website. Certain information such as security logs may not be retained for more than 90 days, while other log information may be retained indefinitely so as to provide historical data for analytical comparison.
Your Rights to Data
As we do not operate within the EU, any data submitted to us or collected by us is ours to do with as we see fit, within the previously defined uses and those uses defined in the policies of our third-party services. Unless required by law to do so, no copies of data containing personal information or personally identifiable information will be made available to any requester. Similarly, no data will be expunged from our records unless we are required to do so by law.